[slime-devel] SBCL, multiple (zombie?) processes problems

Friedrich Dominicus frido at q-software-solutions.com
Tue Sep 14 07:32:51 UTC 2004

rif <rif at MIT.EDU> writes:

>> Fair enough, in that sense it is a Slime issue: you're not using
>> multiple threads when you start SBCL from shell, but apparently you're
>> using :spawn for Slime. Try :fd-handler or :sigio instead.
>
> Yeah, I could.  I have this all working on another machine, but it's
> using a different version of sbcl 0.8.17, and it seems that these
> problems crop up on 0.8.14 and later.  I just installed sbcl 0.8.17
> from debian unstable, and now SLIME won't even compile --- I get a
> type error when it tries to compile DEFMETHOD INSPECTED-PARTS.
Well whatever that is it could not be 0.8.17, my version is from CVS
and I have update it yesterday and it is verson 0.8.14.13 (quite a lot
of numbers;-) However I'm not able to compile swank any longer therfor
my questoin if someone else has encountered problems.

Your mail suggested that I'm not alone with the problems....