[slime-devel] SBCL, multiple (zombie?) processes problems

Nikodemus Siivola tsiivola at cc.hut.fi
Mon Sep 13 22:50:36 UTC 2004

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, rif wrote:

> If I start sbcl at a prompt, it starts only one process.  If I quit,
> it vanishes.  If I start sbcl from slime, I get four processes.  This
> is why I said it seems to be an SBCL/SLIME interaction issue --- I
> have no way to reproduce any of this undesirable behavior without
> SLIME.

Fair enough, in that sense it is a Slime issue: you're not using
multiple threads when you start SBCL from shell, but apparently you're
using :spawn for Slime. Try :fd-handler or :sigio instead.

Cheers,

  -- Nikodemus              Schemer: "Buddha is small, clean, and serious."
                   Lispnik: "Buddha is big, has hairy armpits, and laughs."