[slime-devel] SBCL, multiple (zombie?) processes problems

rif rif at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 13 22:26:34 UTC 2004

I'm finding that if I try to run SLIME with SBCL on my debian machine,
that multiple sbcl processes (4) start, and if I immediately type
(quit) at the REPL, only one of the four is killed.  If I instead go
into *inferior-lisp* and type (quit), it quit's out of all 4.  If I
quit the REPL one first, then go to *inferior-lisp*, I get errors like
"interrupt thread 6376 failed (3: No such process).  This seems to
indicate to me some bad interaction between SBCL threads/processes and
SLIME?

I wouldn't care that much about the zombies, but my XML-RPC server is
also not working in SLIME (calls to it hang forever, works fine if I
start sbcl in a shell), and I suspect the difficulties are related.

Any thoughts?  This seems to be an issue with both the current SLIME
(CVS today) and the 1.0 tarball (I tried switching to the 1.0 tarball
by deleting both the old SLIME directory and my .slime directory ---
is anything else necessary)?

Cheers,

rif