[slime-devel] the slime inspector

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Mon Sep 13 00:03:08 UTC 2004

marco <mb at bese.it> writes:

> thanks. i'm going to commit what i have so far and then take a look at
> your changes.

i just commited the new inspector. this means that sbcl, openmcl and
allegro have access to a better inspector and cmucl, lispworks, clisp
and abcl have no inspector at all :(

how to port the inspector in 3 (or 4) easy steps:

1) just cut 'n paste the swank-mop from swank-openmcl.lisp then change
the package prefix of the various symbols to point to where ever your
implementation exports the mop.

1b) implement swank-mop:slot-definition-documentation

2) implement a method on swank-backend:arglist specialized on function
   objects.

3) implement swank-backend:function-name.

since we're post 1.0 i figured breaking things like this was
ok. should it not be just yell at me, it won't change anything, but
you'll feel better. :)

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.