[slime-devel] the slime inspector

marco mb at bese.it
Sun Sep 12 23:50:04 UTC 2004

"Thomas Schilling" <tjs_ng at yahoo.de> writes:

> because the inlined closure was modified in each loop. Dunno, if this
> is a  bug or a feature or simply depends on the loop implementation
> (in which  case it would probably also be a bug).

no, this is exactly how things should work. closures close over
bindings, not values. the "fix" was just to change the lambda to (let
((meth method)) (lambda ... meth ...)), so that a new binding is
created for each lambda.

> In order to handle unfinalized classes i modified inspected-parts
> (standard-class) a little bit. See attachment (note: it also is no
> diff)

thanks. i'm going to commit what i have so far and then take a look at
your changes.

> Furthermore, we need a method for inspected-parts for
> cl:structure-class  (i simply copied the one for standard-class) and
> for  excl::structure-direct-slot-definition (allegro package), though
> I don't  know how to do this portably. Maybe we can just add it to
> swank-mop and  create a dummy class for all implementations that don't
> support/need this  class.

structs have lots of implementation specific stuff about them. i think
it'd be best to just implement (inspected-parts structure-class) in
swank-allegro, swank-openmcl, etc.

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.