[slime-devel] Error in function CREATE-INET-LISTENER (OS X + CMUCL)

Matthew Munz mattmunz at email.com
Sat Sep 11 01:21:24 UTC 2004

Hi all,

  I'm just getting started with SLIME and CMUCL, so any help would be really appreciated.

  I set up SLIME 1.0 on a linux machine according to the manual's instructions, and M-x slime worked out-of-the-box quite nicely.  The analogous setup on OS X, however, gives me the following error.  After this point, the inferior lisp mode works fine, but slime mode does not.  A problem with the socket communication perhaps?

  Could someone please help me debug this?  I think that my network interface is properly configured, but since it's my day 1 with SLIME, it's hard for me to know how to analyze this error.

* ;; Swank started at port: 49188.

49188
*

Error in function CREATE-INET-LISTENER:
   Error binding socket to port 0: Can't assign requested address
   [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

Restarts:
  0: [ABORT] Return to Top-Level.

Debug  (type H for help)

(CREATE-INET-LISTENER 0 :STREAM :HOST 2130706433 ...)
Source: Error finding source:
Error in function DEBUG::GET-FILE-TOP-LEVEL-FORM:  Source file no longer exists:
  target:code/internet.lisp.

Matthew M. Munz
mattmunz at email.com