[slime-devel] OS X: OpenMCL 0.14.2-p1 and Slime-1.0 Error

Ian J Cottee icottee at bluefountain.com
Thu Sep 9 03:43:52 UTC 2004

(found the solution to this but reporting it in case there's a better
way to handle the situation in future versions of SLIME)

I've been using Slime with CLISP on Windows (just as a learning
environment) and love it so I thought I'd get an environment working
with my iMac as well. I tried to get CLISP working but it threw me an
error so I thought I'd try again and install OpenMCL instead.

However, it also threw me an error (reproduced below) which I eventually
tracked down to my ~/.slime directory causing me problems. Apparantly
running slime originally with CLISP caused a problem. When I removed
~/.slime and started again everything worked fine.

For the record (in case anybody else is googling like me), the error I
got was as follows:

Welcome to OpenMCL Version (Beta: Darwin) 0.14.2-p1!
? > Error in process listener(1): Incompatible lambda list in
#<STANDARD-METHOD\
  SWANK-COMPILE-STRING (T)> for #<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION
SWANK-COMPILE-STRING\
  #x6381456>
 > While executing: CCL::CHECK-DEFMETHOD-CONGRUENCY
 > Type :GO to continue, :POP to abort.
 > If continued: Remove 0 methods from the generic-function and change
its lambd\
a list.
Type :? for other options.
1 >