[slime-devel] xemacs asking me "Enter recursive edit?" when sldb comes up

smishra at speakeasy.net smishra at speakeasy.net
Wed Sep 8 02:43:52 UTC 2004

I have seen this behavior in the past (I haven't confirmed against the
CVS head that is) with regular emacs. I get it as follows:

In an sldb buffer, hit ':' for the eval expression command, and do
something that causes an error. I get the same recursive edit message
and behavior.

A request on the side: how hard would it be to implement a command that
starts up a listener that operates in the context of a particular frame?
Ideally, it would provide access to the local and special variable
bindings of that context. Or perhaps there's something I've missed in
slime that would already allow this? I realize this may be impossible to
do portably across implementations, but I can dream, can't I?

Sunil