[slime-devel] Re: Location of read errors

Luke Gorrie luke at synap.se
Tue Oct 19 21:11:58 UTC 2004

Gerd Flaig <gerd at schlund.de> writes:

> Luke Gorrie <luke at synap.se> writes:
>
> > The good news is that if you choose a restart to abort the compilation
> > (usually press 'a' for abort) then the real error message should be
> > presented to you.
>
> ah.. works, thank you. Jumping to the source ('v') doesn't work,
> though.

I tried to fix that once but IIRC it was a bit tricky to recognise
reader-errors and extract their file/position information from SLIME.
Probably not very hard though.

> P.S.: Have fun at the EUC.

Thanks, I'm sure I will! This year's Erlang conference is nicely
organised/sponsored: the 20 euro registration fee includes dinner &
drinks worth more than 20 euros. Probably have most of Stockholm in
attendance :-)

P.S., apologies to Stockholm Lispers that I dropped the ball with
organising the pub night (frankly I suck at this type of thing).
But soon!

Cheers,
Luke