[slime-devel] Re: Indenting macro bodies

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Oct 6 21:11:45 UTC 2004

Peter Seibel <peter at javamonkey.com> writes:

> So that variable is set to t and lisp-indent-function's value is
> common-lisp-indent-function yet I'm still getting "special"
> indentation of lines following a "def" form. Which is particularly
> ignoring in cases like this (indented with indent-sexp):

common-lisp-indent-function recognizes "def", "with", and apparently
also "do" and "without" forms with some string matching and the
associated indentation rules are basically fixed.  Most other symbols,
e.g. 'when, are indented according to their
'common-lisp-indent-function property.

So what you see is not caused by SLIME, but by the somewhat
questionable heuristic used by common-lisp-indent-function.

The simplest workaround is probably something like

 (put 'default-value-fn 'common-lisp-indent-function '(&rest))