[slime-devel] multiple connections

Andras Simon andras at renyi.hu
Sun Oct 3 10:24:53 UTC 2004

After starting two inferior lisps (the first with M-x slime, the
second with C-u M-x slime), slime-list-connections correctly gives

 Nr  Name     Port               Pid     Type
 --  ----     ----               ---     ----
  1  allegro  (127.0.0.1 33032)  10312   International Allegro CL Enterprise
  Edition
* 2  cmucl    (127.0.0.1 33036)  10314   CMU Common Lisp

But hitting RET on the first line doesn't seem to do anything. Hitting
'd' and then RET does the right thing. Also, I get various errors if I
do ,restart-inferior-lisp, or even ,sayoonara.

Digging a bit deeper: (slime-process) returns nil when in cmucl's
repl, and the reason is probably that the inferior-lisp processes (as
given by process-list) are

process: #<process inferior-lisp<1>>  pid: 10313 <-- shouldn't this be 10314?
process: #<process inferior-lisp>     pid: 10312

I use the latest cvs slime with GNU Emacs 21.2.1.

Helmut says multiple connections work for him, so maybe I'm missing
something, or it's an emacs version thing.

Andras