[slime-devel] Re: Using M-. for specialized methods

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Fri May 21 08:41:01 UTC 2004

Bill_Clementson at peoplesoft.com writes:

> Attached is a patch for ACL to fix this problem.

Thanks for the patch.  I modified it a bit to work in Allegro 5.0.  I
hope it works in 6.x too.

For LispWorks we search currently only the function name (no
specializers).  So if you have multiple methods in one file only the
first is found.  We could probably read (and perhaps macroexpand)
toplevel forms and search for dspecs to improve the accuracy.  But I
think Xanalys will do that for us.

I don't know if and where CLISP records the source location for
methods.  ISTR that generic functions are opaque objects (implemented
in C) in CLISP.  I guess someone more knowledgeable about CLISP's
internals has to fix this.