[slime-devel] Re: Using M-. for specialized methods

Bill_Clementson at peoplesoft.com Bill_Clementson at peoplesoft.com
Thu May 20 18:52:54 UTC 2004

Bill_Clementson at peoplesoft.com writes:

> When I use M-. on a defun or macro, I am taken to the source location.
> However, when I use M-. on a method that has multiple implementations, I
am
> not getting taken to the source location correctly in every instance.
> Instead, I get the following results (all tests are on Win2000):
>
> Allegro (never works): The "*XREF[definition: node-xform]*" buffer is
> opened with a list of the different specialized methods. When I positon
the
> cursor on the correct method and press enter, I get the following error
> message: "Unkown source location for (METHOD NODE-XFORM (T (EQL 'WORK)))"
> despite the fact that there is such a method available.

Attached is a patch for ACL to fix this problem.

--
Bill Clementson

-------------Cut here----------------------------

*** c:/DOCUME~1/BC1886~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/swank-allegro.lisp   Thu May 20
12:46:28 2004
--- c:/DOCUME~1/BC1886~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/swank-allegro.lisp1996D0P  Thu May
***************
*** 214,220 ****
  ;;;; Definition Finding

  (defun find-fspec-location (fspec type)
!   (let ((file (excl:source-file fspec type)))
      (etypecase file
        (pathname
         (let ((start (scm:find-definition-in-file fspec type file)))
--- 214,220 ----
  ;;;; Definition Finding

  (defun find-fspec-location (fspec type)
!   (let ((file (excl::fspec-pathname fspec type)))