[slime-devel] cmucl/multiprocessing

Gabor Melis mega at hotpop.com
Tue May 11 09:55:31 UTC 2004

I am using aserve under cmucl and call the INIT-ASERVE-CMU function as the
README suggests (otherwise latency is unbearable). INIT-ASERVE-CMU looks like
this:

 #'(LAMBDA ()
     (BLOCK INIT-ASERVE-CMU
       (UNLESS
           (FIND-IF
            #'(LAMBDA (ASERVE-SYSTEM::PROC)
                (STRING= (MULTIPROCESSING:PROCESS-NAME ASERVE-SYSTEM::PROC)
                         "Top Level Loop"))
            (MULTIPROCESSING:ALL-PROCESSES))
         (MULTIPROCESSING::STARTUP-IDLE-AND-TOP-LEVEL-LOOPS))))

After running it slime-space no longer shows the arglist. This is slime HEAD.

Tried it under sbcl-mt. Naturally, since init-aserve-cmu need not be run,
everything works fine. I may even use it but compilation notes do not work
and I'd miss them very much.

Gabor