[slime-devel] Re: Problems with Slime with CLISP on Linux

Barry Fishman barry_fishman at att.net
Fri May 7 01:20:52 UTC 2004

Helmut Eller <e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> Is the change needed for both functions or only for arglist-to-string?
>
> I wouldn't mind to change arglist-to-string, but
> prin1-to-string-for-emacs is quite important.  I think the only
> non-keyword symbols we ever print with prin1-to-string-for-emacs are T
> and NIL and both are imported in the swank-io-package.

Unfortunately, both functions need to be changed to prevent problems.
When I changed just arglist-to-string I still got the following error:

error in process filter: slime-dispatch-event: destructure-case failed: (:|OPEN-DEDICATED-OUTPUT-STREAM| 2295)
error in process filter: destructure-case failed: (:|OPEN-DEDICATED-OUTPUT-STREAM| 2295)

I think it is best to wait for a response from the CLISP developer
list before making any changes to Slime.

--
Barry Fishman