[slime-devel] compile-log-show buffer

Julian Stecklina der_julian at web.de
Fri Mar 26 10:42:50 UTC 2004

Helmut Eller <e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> Julian Stecklina <der_julian at web.de> writes:
>
>> if I do (require 'slime) in XEmacs a *Compile-Log-Show* buffer
>> opens. This is very annoying. At the moment I use
>> (delete-other-window) in my init.el, but how can I find the real
>> problem?
>
> We byte-compile some functions when slime is loaded and some Emacs
> versions display the log buffer.  Not sure what the right fix is.  We
> could rewrite the functions so that they don't produce compiler
> messages (might be difficult) or perhaps there are variables to
> suppress the log buffer.  Suggestions welcome.

The strange thing is, that this log buffer is empty...

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

Signed and encrypted mail welcome.
Key-Server: pgp.mit.edu         Key-ID: 0xD65B2AB5
FA38 DCD3 00EC 97B8 6DD8  D7CC 35D8 8D0E D65B 2AB5

Any sufficiently complicated C or Fortran program
contains an ad hoc informally-specified bug-ridden
 - Greenspun's Tenth Rule of Programming