[slime-devel] compile-log-show buffer

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Mar 26 07:03:08 UTC 2004

Julian Stecklina <der_julian at web.de> writes:

> if I do (require 'slime) in XEmacs a *Compile-Log-Show* buffer
> opens. This is very annoying. At the moment I use
> (delete-other-window) in my init.el, but how can I find the real
> problem?

We byte-compile some functions when slime is loaded and some Emacs
versions display the log buffer.  Not sure what the right fix is.  We
could rewrite the functions so that they don't produce compiler
messages (might be difficult) or perhaps there are variables to
suppress the log buffer.  Suggestions welcome.