[slime-devel] Re: Manual labour

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Mar 24 19:10:44 UTC 2004

Luke Gorrie <luke at bluetail.com> writes:

> It is a bummer that it hacks its bindings into lisp-mode instead of
> being a minor-mode. On the other hand, I've had some hassle with slime
> being a minor-mode - clobbering keybindings of more important minor
> modes (in 'emerge' buffers). Do you know any fix for that?

I wonder if this is our of emerge's fault.  It seems that emerge only
puts itself into minor-modes-list to get an entry in the modeline and
it doesn't use minor-mode-map-alist, but some custom local-map.  This
would explain why the SLIME bindings override the emerge keys, since
key lookup always looks at the minor-mode-map-alist before searching
in the local-map.  Do the problems persist if you turn SLIME off?