[slime-devel] Re: Manual labour

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Wed Mar 24 17:22:09 UTC 2004

Helmut Eller <e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> Some things should probably be explained a bit more detailed.  E.g.,
> how the buffer package is determined and in which package the strings
> are read.  Also the role of the *inferior-lisp* buffer might be
> confusing to newbies.

True. I'll write a proper introduction to `slime-mode' to cover this
sort of stuff.

> BTW, are we still trying to get rid of inf-lisp or do we keep it
> forever?  The primary annoyance are all the unwanted keybindings, but
> otherwise it seems to work quite well.

I reckon it's still pulling its weight for debugging and suchlike, so
I'm happy enough keeping it m'self.

It is a bummer that it hacks its bindings into lisp-mode instead of
being a minor-mode. On the other hand, I've had some hassle with slime
being a minor-mode - clobbering keybindings of more important minor
modes (in 'emerge' buffers). Do you know any fix for that?

-Luke