[slime-devel] Bug in arglist display for unknown functions.

Ivan Boldyrev boldyrev+nospam at cgitftp.uiggm.nsc.ru
Sat Mar 13 10:34:16 UTC 2004

When I type program text with Slime, it tries to display function
type.  But when it such symbol is not created yet in lisp image, Slime
displays error message in minibuffer:

Error in function SWANK::FIND-SYMBOL-OR-LOSE:
   Unknown symbol: "bla-bla-bla" [in #<The COMMON-LISP-USER package>])

If symbol exists, but is not function, error message is different:

(INTEGER -- Error in KERNEL:%COERCE-TO-FUNCTION:  the function INTEGER is undefined.)

(This message was generated when I was editing ECASE construct).

Same error appears when I type in Slime REPL in fresh Lisp.

I use Emacs 21.3.1, CMU Common Lisp CVS snapshot 2003-12.  I fetch
Slime each night from CVS at 21:30 GMT (I know about special tag for
stable versions, but I want to use unstable :).

The bug appeared two or three days ago.  I expected such a bug to be
noticed by developers soon, but it was not fixed in two or three
days... :(

--
Ivan Boldyrev

              "Assembly of Japanese bicycle require great peace of mind."