[slime-devel] (string= "(function . (cons))" "(function cons)") ==> nil

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Mar 9 20:50:35 UTC 2004

Michael Livshin <usenet at cmm.kakpryg.net> writes:

> the latest Slime (both HEAD & FAIRLY-STABLE) does not load for me due
> to failed asserts that check the equality cited in the subject.
>
> apparently #'pprint-logical-block in CMUCL 18e does not work the way
> swank.lisp thinks it works.  or something.

I have no idea what's wrong with print-arglist.  I'm clearly lacking
pretty printing skills.  It works for me in 18e.

> I've worked around this by making #'test-print-arglist be:
>
> (defun test-print-arglist (list string)
>   (equal (read-from-string (print-arglist-to-string list))
>          (read-from-string string)))
>
> perhaps it will break something; so far it does not.

This shouldn't break anything.  I think it's not even used for CMUCL,
because CMUCL saves most arglists as string.

I disabled the tests and moved FAIRLY-STABLE back to SLIME-0-10.

Thank you for reporting this.