[slime-devel] SLIME User Survey

Jens Bjerrehuus jens at bjerrehuus.dk
Tue Jun 22 18:44:53 UTC 2004

Den 18/6-2004, kl. 15.58, skrev Luke Gorrie:
> Which Lisp versions do you use SLIME with?
The latest packaged version of OpenMCL:
OpenMCL Version (Beta: Darwin) 0.14.2-p1

> Which Emacs versions?
A CVS snapshot from a couple of months ago:
GNU Emacs 21.3.50.2 (powerpc-apple-darwin7.2.0) of 2004-01-25 on
dandytiger.local

> How well does SLIME work for you?
I have only begun to scratch the surface of it yet, but it works very
well for me.  I can see that some of the functionality isn't available
in the OpenMCL backend, which might be a problem when/if I get to write
anything bigger; especially the WHO-* functions.

> What bugs (reproducible or otherwise) or missing features annoy you?
As above, nothing at the moment, but I can see that the missing
functions in the OpenMCL backend might be useful in bigger projects.

> Is there some packaging system (e.g. Debian) that you would like to
> see SLIME 1.0 bundled with? If so, do you know how to coordinate this?
I'm using Darwin Ports as my package manager but CVS is working fine
for me, really.

> If you said anything negative above then please say something nice
> here to make us feel good:
Lisp is by far the most efficient and fun programming language I have
used and SLIME somehow makes it even more fun.  It gives some of the
explorability found in Smalltalk environments to command line Lisp
implementations.

Regards Jens