[slime-devel] SLIME User Survey

Kristian Elof Sørensen elof at image.dk
Tue Jun 22 08:14:31 UTC 2004

Klaus Harbo wrote:

>>  Klaus> I run Lispworks on WinXP and Emacs on my OpenBSD box.  SLIME
>>  Klaus> occassionally provokes an error: The Lispworks debugger says 'Error in
>>  Klaus> thread "control-thread"', "PROCESS-WAIT called when scheduling not
>>  Klaus> allowed".
>>
>>  Klaus> Note that I run Lispworks on Windows XP and Emacs on my OpenBSD box.
>>  Klaus> I strongly suspect that the problem is related to Lispworks
>>  Klaus> multiprocessing.
>>
>>The error means that something is mis-using PROCESS-WAIT, but we need to know
>>more.  Next time it happens, please try to get a bug report including a
>>backtrace by using the :bug-form command.
>>

>I will do that - any help would be most welcome.

I have been seing the same error maybe once a day when using LispWorks
Personal 4.3.[67] and various slime versions from cvs over the last
month or two. I have not been remote controlling other lisps using slime.

I have mostly been doing CAPI work when this has happened, but since I
have done little else than CAPI work with LispWorks in this period this
might not be a clue.

    Kristian