[slime-devel] swank:*globally-redirect-io*

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Mon Jun 21 06:22:49 UTC 2004

Ahoy,

I added a new configurable called swank:*globally-redirect-io*. If you
set this to true in your ~/.swank.lisp then we hijack the standard
streams globally for the duration of the SLIME connection. That way
e.g. serve-event handler output will go to the REPL instead of
*inferior-lisp*.

Currently it doesn't redirect *standard-input*. That's trickier since
we can get the Lisp's native REPL trying to read its input from our
SLIME REPL :-).

You can also globally install SLDB as the debugger like this:

  (setq *debugger-hook* #'swank:swank-debugger-hook)

But that's old news..

Cheers,
Luke (who just found his first use for synonym streams)