[slime-devel] What is the difference between different ways to evaluate lisp forms?

Anders Conradi beque at telia.com
Sun Jun 20 22:40:40 UTC 2004

Hi,

If I start slime using openmcl 0.14.2-p1 on jaguar (mac os 10.2) I get
different behaviours that I can't explain when I evaluate lisp forms
fin different ways.

I get one behaviour when I type C-x C-e after the form in the
*slime-repl* buffer or when I type the form at the prompt and press
enter and another behaviour when I type C-x C-e after the form in the
*inferior-lisp* buffer.

The form in question opens a cocoa-window using a window-controller
that is supposed to release the window when the window is closed. The
problem is that the window is only released and deallocated when I
evaluate the form to open the window from the inferior-lisp buffer by
typing C-x C-e, not in the other cases.

Could you please give me some hints about the differences in evaluating
forms in the various ways I described so that I might get to the bottom
of this annoying bug I have. I have torn my hair out for almost a week
trying to locate this bug in my code and now I am quite desperate. The
bug only manifests itself with very particular combinations of the
lisp-code that drives the gui and the nib-file that defines the gui.

I am sorry if this is off topic but I don't know how else to proceed.

  // Anders