[slime-devel] Re: SLIME User Survey

Pascal J.Bourguignon pjb at informatimago.com
Sun Jun 20 18:15:06 UTC 2004

Helmut Eller writes:
> Luke Gorrie <luke at bluetail.com> writes:
>
> > This would be good. Right now I don't know of the right mechanism by
> > which to do it. Anyone have ideas?
>
> The code below works in Emacs but I was unable to get it to work in
> XEmacs.  Evaluating reader conditionals doesn't work so well if the
> file isn't written for the connected Lisp, e.g. the wrong expressions
> will be highlighted in CMUCL sources files, if you are connected to
> ACL.
>

> (defvar slime-highlight-suppressed-forms t
>   "*If true then highlight reader conditionalized forms where the test
> evaluates to false.")
>
> (defun slime-search-suppressed-forms (limit)
>   "Find reader conditionalized forms where the test is false."
>   (when (and slime-highlight-suppressed-forms
>              (slime-connected-p)
> 	     (re-search-forward "#[-+]" limit t))

Actually, # is a non-terminating macro character, and as for all
non-terminating macro characters, if the character before # is a
constituent character then the # is too.

CL-USER> 'toto#-titi
TOTO#-TITI

http://www.lispworks.com/reference/HyperSpec/Body/02_ad.html

Perhaps:
   - swank get the read-table,
   - swank tries to extract information from it,  (it's not COMMON-LISP),
   - swank sends some regexps to slime,
   - slime uses these regexp.

In the mean-time: (re-search-forward "\<#[-+]" limit t)

There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not
want merely because you think it would be good for him. -- Robert Heinlein