[slime-devel] Re: Towards 1.0?

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Fri Jun 18 09:59:34 UTC 2004

Peter Seibel <peter at javamonkey.com> writes:

> And if anyone is using Allegro with SLIME, you might consider dropping
> a note to support at franz.com to let them know that you'll be a happier
> customer if they do what they can to make it work really well.

We mailed them yesterday and they've offered licenses to Helmut and I
for SLIME development, and that should make things a bit
easier. Still, I don't think either of us will be using ACL for our
daily hacking so it's not the same as e.g. having Alanr and Gary on
OpenMCL and Martin Simmons on LispWorks.

> They tend to be very oriented to keeping their customers happy so if
> you are actually using Allegro other than to test out SLIME they'll
> probably be interested to hear about it.

*nod*. It would be great if Franz decided SLIME was important for
their customers and had a hacker look over our backend and participate
in this mailing list.

-Luke