[slime-devel] Re: Towards 1.0?

Peter Seibel peter at javamonkey.com
Fri Jun 18 04:21:10 UTC 2004

[Edi, apologies: you've already received a similar reply via email.]

Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> writes:

> On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:16:17 -0700, Peter Seibel <peter at javamonkey.com> wrote:
>
>> Also, are there any issues with Allegro that might benefit from some
>> contact with folks at Franz
>
> I've recently started to use AllegroCL with SLIME and I've seen a
> couple of issues, yes. (I mainly used CMUCL before but I have to use
> AllegroCL for this project.)
>
> Unfortunately, most of them aren't easy to reproduce but I'll try to
> summarize some if I find the time. (I posted one to this list two or
> three days ago.) I'm using the 7.0 beta - this might also be a reason.
>
> Generally, SLIME seemed much more mature to me when used with CMUCL.

Yeah. To the extent anyone else kicks the tires with Allegro 7.0
that'd be great--I'm pretty sure the 7.0 final will be the version
I'll be shipping with the book so bug reports now to Franz or here
will help me out a lot as I don't have much time to program at the
moment and thus don't even know how well the SLIME/Allegro
implementation works. Though that should change in a couple weeks once
I start working on example chapters at which point I'll probably start
noticing any gaps in the Allegro implementation.

And if anyone is using Allegro with SLIME, you might consider dropping
a note to support at franz.com to let them know that you'll be a happier
customer if they do what they can to make it work really well. They
tend to be very oriented to keeping their customers happy so if you
are actually using Allegro other than to test out SLIME they'll
probably be interested to hear about it.

-Peter

Peter Seibel                                      peter at javamonkey.com