[slime-devel] Would like to add 'changed definitions' functionality

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jun 16 21:27:11 UTC 2004

Glenn Ehrlich <glenn.ehrlich.lists at cox.net> writes:

> I'm thinking of modeling this after the changed definitions of Genera
> (from my new lisp machine :) or LispWorks.

How does it work on the Lisp Machine?

[BTW, was/is SLIME an acronym for Symbolics LIsp Machine Environment?]

> Any particular hints or comments folks would like to make before I start?

I don't want to discourage you, but do you think this is worth to
have?  When I looked at this feature I thought "well, this has a
certain hack value, but compiling the entire buffer doesn't take that
long and is easier to understand and trivial to implement."