[slime-devel] Re: Towards 1.0?

Peter Seibel peter at javamonkey.com
Thu Jun 10 16:35:22 UTC 2004

Luke Gorrie <luke at bluetail.com> writes:

> Howdidlydoo,
>
> I'm feeling impulsive lately. How about shooting for a 1.0 release?
>
> I know some people are already in favour (hi Brian :-), so I'm
> particularly probing for the opinion of the other side (hi Helmut :-)

Well, I'm on the "yea" side but here's my reason: I'm planning to use
SLIME in some form in my book. I've been talking with the Lisp In A
Box guys about maybe using that and it uses SLIME. So it would be nice
if there was a 1.0 SLIME to include on the CD to give my readers the
warm fuzzies that come from that magic number. Also, having a stable
release that is recognized by other SLIME developers would make my
testing, etc. easier since presumably there would be some interest in
patching show-stopper bugs in the 1.0 release without requiring me to
move forward to the head of the development branch in CVS.

-Peter

Peter Seibel                                      peter at javamonkey.com