[slime-devel] Re: Did someone say they were working on a GF browser?

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jul 30 21:28:36 UTC 2004

Thomas Schilling <tjs_ng at yahoo.de> writes:

> +  "Takes a method description and tries to remove this method.
> +MSPEC string must be a string representation of a list with the format
> +(METHOD NAME {QUALIFIER}* SPECIALIZER-LIST).
> +
[...]
> +                  (fboundp (second sexp)))
> +             (let* ((gf (fdefinition (second sexp)))
> +                    (qualifiers (loop for q in (cddr sexp)
> +                                      while (not (listp q))
> +                                      collect q))
> +                    (specializers (car (last sexp)))
> +                    (method (find-method
> +                             gf qualifiers
> +                             (mapcar (lambda (x)
> +                                       ;;FIXME: is it really a good idea
> +                                       ;;to call eval here?
> +                                       (if (consp x)
> +                                           (list 'eql (eval (cdr x)))
> +                                           (find-class x)))
> +                                     specializers)

Passing the "method descriptions" as a strings between Emacs and Lisp
is a bit problematic (read-case, package ...).  If I where to build a
GF browser I'd keep the list of methods as first class values on the
Lisp side.  The index in the list could then be used to refer to a
particular method.