[slime-devel] Re: Slime cannot connect to ACL6.2 win32

Thomas Schilling tjs_ng at yahoo.de
Thu Jul 22 14:58:17 UTC 2004

Hm, *that* is strange:

I Updated slime to be of version before 2004-7-7. worked.
I Updated slime to be of version before 2004-7-8. worked.
I Updated slime to be of version before 2004-7-14. worked.
I Updated slime to be of version before 2004-7-21. worked.
I Updated slime to be of version before 2004-7-22. worked.
I Updated slime to be of version HEAD. works ...

Restarted Emacs. F5. works.

What the ... ?

> Can you try debugging on the Lisp side? I don't know much about
> Windows, but maybe e.g. it would not let you bind port 4005 on the
> loopback interface if it is already bound to another interface -
> probably something else though.
>
> BTW, you could abbreviate the second line to just:
>
>   (swank:create-server)
>
> .. which was added ages ago but not publicised very well.

Okay, doing that and deleting fasl files now.

Very strange things happening here ...