[slime-devel] Re: Slime cannot connect to ACL6.2 win32

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Thu Jul 22 14:48:06 UTC 2004

Thomas Schilling <tjs_ng at yahoo.de> writes:

> Already did :)
> It's just a two-liner. But here it is again:
>
>    (load "~/Eigene Dateien/devel/lisp/slime/swank-loader.lisp")
>    (swank::create-swank-server 4005
> 			    :spawn #'swank::simple-announce-function t)

Okay. That works under ACL6.2 on Linux for me.

Can you try debugging on the Lisp side? I don't know much about
Windows, but maybe e.g. it would not let you bind port 4005 on the
loopback interface if it is already bound to another interface -
probably something else though.

BTW, you could abbreviate the second line to just:

  (swank:create-server)

.. which was added ages ago but not publicised very well.