[slime-devel] Re: Slime+cmucl+McClim problem

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Mon Jul 19 21:44:17 UTC 2004

Thibault Langlois <tl at di.fc.ul.pt> writes:

> I could not find a solution for the following problem. When I start
> a McClim application from slime REPL it uses 100% of cpu.

Does it work right if you start it outside SLIME? And when it's
chewing CPU what does (mp:all-threads) return?

I'm running SLIME + CVS McCLIM + CMU 19a-pre3 here and it works fine
without chewing CPU. I have (setq slime-multiprocessing t) which
causes (mp::startup-idle-and-toplevel-loops) to be called during
startup.

mp::startup-idle-and-toplevel-loops is a really horrible function in
that it never returns. Please try without calling that function
directly, just setting slime-multiprocessing.

Also, to make SLIME does the right thing with threads in McCLIM you
might want to put this in your ~/.swank.lisp:

  ;; Use SLIME for all threads.
  #+CLIM-MP
  (progn (setq *debugger-hook* #'swank:swank-debugger-hook)
         (setq swank:*globally-redirect-io* t)
         (setq swank:*communication-style* :spawn))