[slime-devel] Slime+cmucl+McClim problem

Thibault Langlois tl at di.fc.ul.pt
Mon Jul 19 14:23:26 UTC 2004

Hello,
I could not find a solution for the following problem. When I start
a McClim application from slime REPL it uses 100% of cpu.
I have done what is suggested in the McCLIM instalation tips.
I tried to put  (mp::startup-idle-and-top-level-loops) in my init.lisp file,
i tried to use (setq slime-multiprocessing t) in my .emacs without success.
I think the problem is on the slime side. When I start lisp in a
xterm there is no problem.
Finally I tried to make a cmucl image with the :init-function argument set
to mp::startup-idle-and-top-level-loops. Agains it works fine when used from
a xterm but does not when used from slime.

I use latest (yesterday) cvs slime, latest McCLIM and cmucl 19a (pre)
on linux FC2.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks.

Thibault Langlois