[slime-devel] Re: Tests fail on packages.

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Fri Jul 16 17:04:33 UTC 2004

Peter Seibel <peter at javamonkey.com> writes:

> Okay. So I obviously didn't run the tests before I committed those
> changes. Shame on me. So now I'm trying to be good and run them and am
> getting not only all kinds of failures but also--it seems--the tests
> themselves hanging. I'm using Allegro 6.2 on GNU/Linux. Any ideas?

I'm not sure. I have only used the test suite under CMUCL myself, but
recently Helmut checked in some stuff that suggests he's run it
everywhere (it knows how many failures to expect per Lisp.)

FWIW the test suite sometimes takes some time (e.g. a minute or two)
to run and might appear to have hung. I ran it successfully (reporting
one trivial/false failure) under CMUCL-19a-pre3 earlier this week.

If it does hang you can C-g it to see the partial results. If you set
`slime-test-debug-on-error' you'll get the Elisp debugger if there is
an error in a test or if you abort it.