[slime-devel] Re: Feature: basic profiling interface

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Thu Jan 29 11:21:07 UTC 2004

Michael Weber <michaelw+slime at foldr.org> writes:

> The following (simple) C-c C-<letter> combinations are unused in both
> lisp-mode and slime-repl:

I think we should start introducing more subtrees in our keymap
hierarchy - we're going to run out of C-c C-<something> keys pretty
soon.

I think that our current `C-c M-<foo>' and `C-c Shift-<foo>' are a
little bit un-Emacsey and it would be nice to put some of them onto
key sequences that only use control.

Exactly which bits to turn into subtress I'm not sure :-) but one idea
is to move the documentation-related keys under a `C-c C-d'
prefix. That is a pretty convenient-on-the-fingers prefix, and it
would free up a lot of other keys.

-Luke