[slime-devel] eval-string bug?

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Jan 24 08:18:02 UTC 2004

Alan Ruttenberg <alanralanr at comcast.net> writes:

> Looks like macroexpand and other uses of eval-string don't read in the
> right package.

eval-string and our macroexpand functions use from-string for reading.
from-string reads in the *buffer-package*.  Looks right to me.

Or are you suggesting that eval-string should bind *package* to
*buffer-package* before evaluating ?  That's probably a similar issue
as with *load-pathname*.  I think it is better not to mess around with
user visible dynamic variables.  But again, if you think otherwise,
just change the code and let us see how that works.