[slime-devel] Re: Backend carnage! Battle stations!

Michael Livshin usenet at cmm.kakpryg.net
Tue Jan 13 21:37:53 UTC 2004

Paolo Amoroso <amoroso at mclink.it> writes:

> Luke Gorrie writes:
>
>> BTW, do you know a way to run LispWorks Personal Edition without the
>> GUI? It's driving me nuts :-)
>
> I seem to have heard that this would involve dumping an image, which
> is disabled in the Personal Edition.

seems right.

however: if you can do whatever you want to do without ever touching
the GUI (and I guess you can, or else you wouldn't want it to go
away?), you can run LW with DISPLAY pointing at an Xvfb instance
(under Debian, install the package "xvfb").

--
All ITS machines now have hardware for a new machine instruction --
BFM