[slime-devel] Re: Feature request

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Tue Jan 13 14:36:34 UTC 2004

Ignas Mikalajunas <i.mikalajunas at mbt.lt> writes:

>    As we can see there are lot's of fake bug reports associated with
> using incompatible slime.el version. I think there should be some way to
> put a function into swank like (equired-slime-version) so slime.el could
> check whether it is up to date on connect and recompile itself or at
> least warn the user.

I've been pondering this too. The best I've come up with is to
complain very loudly if slime.elc is older than slime.el.

Possibly `M-x slime' could even check if slime.el[c] has changed since
it was last loaded and reload on demand? That is a bit DWIM, but
perhaps justifiably so given our CVS-oriented distribution.

As for cross-checking the versions of slime.el and swank.lisp, that
would be nice so long as we can think of a fully automated scheme.

-Luke