[slime-devel] Key sequence C-c C-v ] uses invalid prefix characters.

Luke Gorrie lgorrie at common-lisp.net
Mon Jan 5 19:38:20 UTC 2004

Dirk Gerrits <dirk at dirkgerrits.com> writes:

> There is a bit of a nag though. When I type M-x cmulisp RET, I get the
> error message "Key sequence C-c C-v ] uses invalid prefix
> characters". Only after typing M-x cmulisp RET the second time will
> CMUCL actually start. And then I can do M-x slime RET and all is well.

I think this is ILISP. Do you still get the problem if you take ILISP
out of your load-path and just use `M-x slime' instead of `M-x
cmulisp'? (Note: `cmulisp' is an ILISP command; we use `slime',
optionally with a C-u prefix if you want to say how Lisp is to be
started.)

You probably don't want to run SLIME and ILISP simultaneously. I take
ILISP out of my load-path while using SLIME, since if you start ILISP
it will attach itself to your lisp-mode-map forevermore and
clash/merge unpredictably with SLIME.

-Luke