[slime-devel] Key sequence C-c C-v ] uses invalid prefix characters.

Dirk Gerrits dirk at dirkgerrits.com
Mon Jan 5 19:14:05 UTC 2004

Hi.

I've downloaded SLIME from CVS, edited my .emacs as per the README file,
and I can now use SLIME. It's great! :)

There is a bit of a nag though. When I type M-x cmulisp RET, I get the
error message "Key sequence C-c C-v ] uses invalid prefix characters".
Only after typing M-x cmulisp RET the second time will CMUCL actually
start. And then I can do M-x slime RET and all is well.

I didn't get this behaviour with ILISP, so I think it's SLIME's doing. I
thought it might have something to do with my GNU Emacs being a CVS
version (21.3.50.2), but it happens in 21.3.1 as well. Also, there was a
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.slime.devel/227/

I've attached the debug output GNU Emacs generates. Any idea what's
going on?

BTW, I'm using Debian GNU/Linux unstable with XFree86 4.3.0 and GNOME
2.4, if it makes any difference. (GNU Emacs with Gtk+ 2 support is
great. :))

Regards,

Dirk Gerrits