[slime-devel] swank-clisp, bug report, stream encoding proposal, and a few bugfixes

Wolfgang Jenkner wjenkner at inode.at
Sat Jan 3 17:30:16 UTC 2004

Helmut Eller <e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> sedachv <sedachv at cpsc.ucalgary.ca> writes:

> > > Me too :-)  For purposes of comparison:
>
> Cool!  I committed a merged version.

Very nice.  As far as I am concerned everything works at least as well
as before (and the frame locals look much better now, without some
useless package markers).  Also, thanks for correcting a package
related reader blunder of mine (blush).

> Also, CLISP's debugger doesn't seem to work well with our redirected
> streams.  OTOH, CLISP's inspector has no problems.  Not sure if the
> problem is in our stream code or in CLISP's debugger.  Any ideas?

Also, in CLISP's (original) break loop, commands like :q don't seem to
work in *slime-repl*, but things like (throw 'sys::debug 'sys::quit)
do, sometimes.

The essential step might be to get SYS::READ-FORM (in src/debug.d)
right.  Compare the correct behaviour (from an *inferior-lisp* buffer)

(sys::read-form "test> " (list (cons ":hello" #'(lambda () (print "Hello!")))))

test> :hello

"Hello!"
T ;

with what happens in *slime-repl*

(sys::read-form "test> " (list (cons ":hello" #'(lambda () (print "Hello!")))))
:hello

test> :hello
:HELLO
NIL

(In both cases I typed the lower-case :hello's)

Also, Vladimir noticed:

;;; What doesn't work:
;; - Most debugging conditions use *query-io*, and the slime state-machine gets stuck on :read-string

I don't know if this is the same problem, have to investigate it.

Wolfgang