[slime-devel] swank-clisp, bug report, stream encoding proposal, and a few bugfixes

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jan 2 09:14:59 UTC 2004

sedachv <sedachv at cpsc.ucalgary.ca> writes:

> On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 07:43:18AM +0100, Wolfgang Jenkner wrote:
> > sedachv <sedachv at cpsc.ucalgary.ca> writes:
> >
> > > I've gotten the swank backend mostly working on CLISP.
> >
> > Me too :-)  For purposes of comparison:

Cool!  I committed a merged version.

I tried with CLISP 2.32 and completion seems to work fine here.  The
debugging support doesn't seem to work with older versions (2.30),
because there where changes in CLISP's internals.  We should probably
ask the CLISP developers if they could make some official debugger
interface.

There seem to be problems with stream handling.  If I set the
:buffered argument for socket-accept to t, CLISP seems to wait
forever, even if there is a connection.  Also, CLISP's debugger
doesn't seem to work well with our redirected streams.  OTOH, CLISP's
inspector has no problems.  Not sure if the problem is in our stream
code or in CLISP's debugger.  Any ideas?

I added the portable xref to slime, but haven't tried it yet.  We
could try to implement list-callers and list-callees without the xref
package.  The callees of a function can be found by disassembling the
bytecode (I guess that's not very hard).  The callers can then be
found by searching the callees of all fbound symbols.

I will ask the common-lisp.net gods to give you CVS commit rights.

Happy New Year!