[slime-devel] Re: What does "pipelined request" mean?

Peter Seibel peter at javamonkey.com
Sun Feb 29 00:47:16 UTC 2004

Peter Seibel <peter at javamonkey.com> writes:

> I've got a busted connection to CLISP (along with several other
> connections to other Lisps which seem to be working) Whenever I type
> anything in the CLISP REPL I get a message from emacs of the form:
>
>   ; pipelined request... (swank:listener-eval "
>   ")
>
> What does this mean?

Ah, here's another clue. In the CLISP *inferior-lisp* CLISP this message appears:

  *** - Lisp stack overflow. RESET

I'm not sure what provokes that. It doesn't happen write away. (And
I'm not certain that I haven't somehow mucked something up in my copy
of slime though I don't have much changed.)

-Peter

Peter Seibel                                      peter at javamonkey.com