[slime-devel] Re: Printing of function arglists

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Mon Feb 23 10:37:46 UTC 2004

Lunedì, 23 feb 2004, alle 11:18 Europe/Rome, lawrence mitchell ha
scritto:

> Not really.  The only problem I see with this is that one would
> presumably also add this binding to SWANK-PPRINT.  Which may well
> have unwanted side-effects elsewhere, in that, in order to have
> non-pprinted arglists, one also has to have non-pprinted results
> from PPRINT-EVAL.  If, however, you weren't intending this, then
> I see no reason why one couldn't change things.

i think swank-pprint should bind print-pretty to t, no matter what the
value of *swank-pprint-pretty* is (it's called pprint after all).

i think it woud be quite fair to say that all slime output is
controlled by one set of variables, if you want functions args to not
be pprint'd it's reasonable to assume you wouldn't want anything else
to be pprint'd either.

--
Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.