[slime-devel] slime/clisp freezes a fresh xemacs

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Feb 9 21:26:52 UTC 2004

"<s.perrot at voila.fr>" <s.perrot at voila.fr> writes:

> Does this setting prevent some feature(s) from SLIME to work ?

Yes.  The dedicated output stream is a performance optimization.  It
uses a separate socket for raw output.  This can be quite a faster
than sending output encoded over the control channel.  But I remember
that I too had some trouble to get it to work with CLISP.  Not sure
what happened, but the problems magically disappeared for me.  There
seem to be some oddities in CLISP's streams.