[slime-devel] slime/clisp freezes a fresh xemacs

Peter Mechlenborg metch at daimi.au.dk
Sat Feb 7 12:31:55 UTC 2004

Hi

I seem to have the same problem.

I have GNU Emacs 21.2.1, SBCL 0.8.7 and I am using Redhat 9

Helmut Eller wrote:

> What do mean with 'freezes'? 'freeze' as in "Emacs does not respond,
> but C-g works" or "Emacs does not respond and I have to kill Emacs
> entirely"?
> C-g is supposed to work. It would be serious bug in SLIME if it were
> otherwise.

Yes, C-g works, and Emacs behaves normally after that.

> I have no idea what might cause the problem and can only the give the
> lame re-compile-everything advice :-) Make sure you have a link to the
> metering package as described in swank-clisp.lisp and remove all
> byte-compiled .elc files. Add
>
> (setq swank::*redirect-io* nil)
> (setq swank::*use-dedicated-output-stream* nil)
> (setq swank::*log-events* t)
> (setq swank::*sldb-initial-frames* 1)

I have tried this, but it still fails.

Here is the error messages I got:

[.. SNIP ..]

compilation aborted because of input error:
  READ failure in COMPILE-FILE:
    READER-ERROR at 3154 (line 100, column 19) on #<FILE-STREAM
                                                    for "file
\"/home/goblin/lisp/libraries/slime/swank-sbcl.lisp\""
                                                    {9BE2241}>:
Symbol "FCNTL" not found in the SB-POSIX package.

[.. SNIP ..]

; compilation unit finished
;   caught 1 fatal ERROR condition
;   caught 4 STYLE-WARNING conditions
;   printed 7 notes
WARNING: These Swank interfaces are unimplemented:
 (ADD-INPUT-HANDLER ARGLIST-STRING
                    BACKTRACE
                    CALL-WITH-COMPILATION-HOOKS
[.. SNIP ..]
                    WHO-SETS
                    WHO-SPECIALIZES)
* ;; Swank started at port: 34790.

debugger invoked on a UNDEFINED-FUNCTION in thread 4774:
  The function SWANK::ACCEPT is undefined.

You can type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
  0: [ABORT   ] Reduce debugger level (leaving debugger, returning to
toplevel).
  1: [TOPLEVEL] Restart at toplevel READ/EVAL/PRINT loop.
(SB-KERNEL::UNDEFINED-FUN-ERROR-HANDLER
 4
 #<unavailable argument>
 #.(SB-SYS:INT-SAP #X40259A00)
 #<SB-ALIEN-INTERNALS:ALIEN-VALUE :SAP #X40259700 :TYPE (*
                                                         (STRUCT

SB-VM::OS-CONTEXT-T-STRUCT))>
 (14))[:EXTERNAL]
0]