[slime-devel] Re: OpenMCL and OS X

David Magda dmagda+slimedevel at ee.ryerson.ca
Thu Feb 5 02:27:08 UTC 2004

That worked, thank you: it's always the blindinly obvious that you miss.

Now a different error:

Welcome to OpenMCL Version (Alpha: Darwin) 0.14-031220!
? ;; Compiling /Users/dmagda/Code/lisp/slime/swank-openmcl.lisp...
Read error between positions 6699 and 6863 in
     /Users/dmagda/Code/lisp/slime/swank-openmcl.lisp.
> Error in process listener(1): There is no package named "ASDF" .
> While executing: CCL::%COLLECT-XTOKEN
> Type :GO to continue, :POP to abort.
> If continued: Retry finding package with name "ASDF".
Type :? for other options.

I know that "asdf" is a packaging system. I don't remember reading
reading anywhere that it's a requirement but a quick grep through
the slime directory shows several references to "asdf".