[slime-devel] Modification to swank-lispworks.lisp for LW Personal on Mac OS X

Bill_Clementson at peoplesoft.com Bill_Clementson at peoplesoft.com
Mon Dec 20 03:26:05 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I've just posted about setting up Emacs/SLIME with LW Personal on Mac OS X
on my blog. There was one minor change needed to "swank-lispworks.lisp" in
order to get it to work with LW Personal on Mac OS X. Here's the change
(sorry it's not a patch but I'm on a different machine at the moment):

  (defimplementation create-socket (host port)
   (multiple-value-bind (socket where errno)
       #+(and (not lispworks4.1) (not lispworks-personal-edition) (not
macosx))
         (comm::create-tcp-socket-for-service port :address host)
       #+lispworks4.1(comm::create-tcp-socket-for-service port)
       #+(and macosx
lispworks-personal-edition)(comm::create-tcp-socket-for-service port)

- Bill Clementson